SurfSpeak - A
aaaahooo! 1) A surfer's scream or yell when up and riding on a wave.
2) A surfer's yell of approval when another surfer gets a good
3) a surfer's signal to others of an approaching set.
accelerate v When a surfer gains speed off a bottom turn.
acid drop n When a surfer drops into a wave and the bottom falls out.
aerial n Any of several maneuvers during which the board and surfer leave
the water and land intact.
A-frame n A wave where the wave is shaped like a capital A and the lip
throws out and breaks both left and right.
aggro adj. describes aggressive behavior, especially in the water.
air n A) As in "catching air" on an ariel move.
airbrush n 1) A mechanical paintbrush used to apply color and paintings to
a surfboard after it is shaped but before it is glassed.
2) Used to create art on many mediums.
all-time adj. Used to describe a great wave or ride.
Syn; greatn fantastic, killer, primo
aloha A Hawaiian word that extends, warmth, friendliness, and the pride
of the Hawaiian people to visitors.
5) universal surfer's salutation
6) a generous feeling towards something
amped adj. Overenergetic, excited, overdoing something
angle off v To ride across the face at an angle toward the right or left.
ankle slapper n A very small wave
ankle strap n Part of the leash that you attach to your ankle
"Any waves?" First thing one surfer asks when coming across another.
arctic adj. Describes very cold water
avalanche n The whitewater pouring down the face of a large wave
awesome adj. great, fantastic, killer, super, primo As in "That was an
axe n The lip of a wave
axed v When a surfer is knocked off the surfboard by the lip of the wave.
Aye Carumba!! A spanish exclamation meaning "Wow!"
Major Beaches by Zone
- Surfing Stuff
Hotels and Restaurants
Costa Rica Info
- About Costa Rica
- Costa Rica Map
- Festivals of Costa Rica
Costa Rica National Parks
- Arenal National Park
- Barbilla National Park
- Barra Honda National Park
- Braulio Carrillo National Park
- Cahuita National Park
- Carara National Park
- Chirripo National Park
- Cocos Island National Park
- Corcovado National Park
- Diria National Park
- Guanacaste National Park
- Irazu Volcano National Park
- Juan Castro Blanco National Park
- La Amistad International Park
- La Cangreja National Park
- Las Baulas National Marine Park
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Maquenque National Park
- Palo Verde National Park
- Piedras Blanco National Park
- Poas Volcano National Park
- Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park
- Santa Rosa National Park
- Tapanti National Park
- Tenorio National Park
- Tortuguero National Park
- Typical Questions
- International Air Service
- Costa Rica Domestic Air Travel >
- Driving in Costa Rica >
- U.S. Embassy Notices
- Costa Rica Properties
- Community Service
- Costa Rica Golf
- Monteverde Tours
- Costa Rica News